close
close

One of the largest networks of dark web pedophile in the world with 1,800,000 users discovered | The news world

One of the largest networks of dark web pedophile in the world with 1,800,000 users discovered | The news world

Unforeseen and unclear background configuration of the gamer PC with monitor, keyboard and processor.
“Kidflix” has had over 1.8 million users registered in the last three years (image: Getty Images/Istackto)

One of the largest pedophile networks in the world has been closed in an international operation coordinated by Europol.

A dark website “Kidflix” – created for the exclusive purpose of children’s sexual exploitation – offered around 72,000 abuse videos, including “unimaginably horrible acts against children, children and even babies.”

Established in 2021, the platform has had over 1.8 million users in the last five years, before being disassembled on March 11, 2025.

Since then, the police have arrested 79 people about the investigation, but over 1,400 suspects who used the site have been identified.

Some of those arrested not only upload and watch videos – but also abused the children themselves.

In a scary case, a 36-year-old man who offered his youngest son for games was detained. Also, a “serial abuser” was identified based in the US.

Leaded by German forces, Operation Stream has been marked as “one of the biggest blows against infantile pornography in recent years, if not ever,” Bavarian Criminal Police, Guido Limmer, said in a press conference.

In total, 36 countries, including the United Kingdom, participated in the mission to eliminate “Kidflix”.

One of the largest pedophile platforms in the world photographed: Europol
Leaded by German forces, Operation Stream has been marked as “one of the biggest blows against child pornography in recent years, if not ever” (image: Europol)

The abuse scale allowed is unprecedented. On average, 3.5 new videos were uploaded every hour, many of them have never been seen by investigators.

Unlike other web sites that host images with sexual abuse of children, “Kidflix” allowed users to send videos, as well as to download files.

It was an extremely organized and profitable operation, not just another corner of the Dark Web.

Users have gained access to videos using chips bought using cryptocurrency or earn through tasks, such as classifying videos or uploading abusive materials.

Catherine de Bolle, the executive director of Europol, said: “The digital dimension has led to a rapid evolution in the online sexual exploitation of children, giving criminals a border platform to contact the victims, as well as to create, store and change sexual abuse on children.

“Some try to fit this as just a technical or cyber problem – but it is not.

“There are real victims behind these crimes, and those victims are children.”

Within the operation, the German authorities intervened on 96 occasions to protect children.

In 12 cases, they managed to stop the sex abuse of children. In total, 39 children were protected during the investigation.

The “Bulk” of the suspects identified by the investigators were between 20 and 40 years old, around 31 years old, said the main prosecutor Thomas Goger at the press conference.

The oldest identified user was in the seventy years, while the youngest was born in 2006.

The suspects were usually people who have been on Darknet for a long time.

Get in touch with our news team through E -mail at [email protected].

For more stories like this, Check our news page.