close
close

The families of Lucy Letby’s victims attacked calls to suspend the public investigation | UK News

The families of Lucy Letby’s victims attacked calls to suspend the public investigation | UK News

The families of the victims of the criminal in series of convicted children, Lucy Letby, were hit by the calls for the public investigation on his crimes.

They also rejected “cheat” as Letby’s claims to have new evidence of her innocence.

Higher managers at Counsers of Chester Hospital where nurse Letby She killed seven babies and tried to kill seven more, and added her voice to her call for Lady Justice Thirlwall’s investigation to be interrupted.

In a presentation in the investigation, they wrote: “Now there seems to be a true probability that there are alternative explanations for these unexplained deaths and collapses, namely clinical management and care and poor natural causes.”

Their lawyer Kate Blackwell KC told the investigation that there is “a real possibility” the convictions of Letby to return to the Court of Appeal “and to be canceled.”

Continuing the investigation, she said, could lead to injustice.

Families criticize the movement of superior managers

On Monday, Letby’s lawyers wrote to the investigation claiming that his final report – to be published in the fall – will be “Not only is it redundant, but probably uncertain.” Unless it was stopped waiting for the result of his battle to clean his name.

But, in their own statement for the investigation, a group of families of the babies attacked by Letby criticized the movement of senior managers.

“Their lack of perspective on their own mistakes is remarkable and shameful,” the group said.

They added: “Throughout the hearings, they have constantly sought to defend their actions and to become the others.

“And now, timely, try to suspend the activity of the investigation while waiting for Letby’s third attempt to attract his convictions.”

They described this as “a bold and wrong move.”

“From the perspective of families, the only correct and sensitive course is to complete your work and send your report based on the established facts,” they added.

The screen taken from the movies with used body cameras issued by Cheshire Constabulary by Lucy Letby's arrest. The 33 -year -old Letby assistant was found guilty at the Manchester Crown Court, the crimes of seven babies and the other six crime attempts at Contesa de Chester Hospital. Date of problem: Friday, August 18, 2023.
Image:
Bodycam police filming Letby’s arrest. Pic: Cheshire Constabulary/Pa

Scope of the investigation

The investigation was created to examine how Letby was able to attack babies and wider culture within the NHS.

Does not examine any questions about Letby’s guilt or innocence. Currently, he fulfills 15 terms of life in prison.

Last month, an international group of neonatologists and pediatric specialists, assembled by Letby’s defense team, said bad medical care and natural causes were the reasons for collapses and deaths Attributed to Letby on the neonatal unit of Chester Chester Hospital in 2015 and 2016.

Please use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Why do medical experts believe that Lucy Letby is innocent?

These findings will be sent to the Commission for the revision of criminal cases, which investigate the potential abortions of justice, and Letby’s legal team hopes that her case will eventually be sent to the Court of Appeal, after two previous offers.

But in the investigation, Peter Skelton KC, on behalf of a group of victims’ families, was deceiving by the efforts of the defense team.

“The cursed analysis of the report published by these experts identifies several problems with their analysis. What was presented with an excellent band as new and incontrovertible evidence proves to be old and full of analytical holes,” he said.

He added that the assumptions were advanced based on the “fragile speculation towers”.

Read more:
Why are there calls to suspend Letby investigation
How did the Police take the murderer

“It is not a new proof,” says the group of families of babies

In a presentation to the investigation, another group of babies of babies, said: “The key chealting in Letby’s approach in organizing press conferences is that it can present evidence without the risk that it is analyzed, challenged or questioned.

“It allows him to control the narrative without having to explain why he chose not to name this evidence in the trial.

“It is not a new proof, but rather a re-confession of the evidence that were available to her and which she could have called in her defense.”

Richard Baker KC, on behalf of these families, told the investigation: “We cannot let the noise in the background stop the work this investigation can do.”

Cheshire police say an investigation into the corporate murder at the hospital now has been enlarged to include serious negligence murder with several notified persons about the investigation.

A separate police inquiry on deaths and non-facadal collapse of babies at the neonatal units of Contesei Chester Hospital and the Liverpool Women Hospital during Letby’s Time as a medical assistant between 2012 and 2016 is also in progress.