close
close

The rapist who filmed himself by attacking the woman in the park before sending clips to others is closed for six years

The rapist who filmed himself by attacking the woman in the park before sending clips to others is closed for six years

  • Subscribe to The Office Crime, the new podcast network TRUE CRIME A MAIL. Start your free 7-day process clicking here.

A man who raped a woman in a park and filmed the attack before sending clips to other people was closed after trying to tell a court that the victim raped him.

Gagandeep Gulati, 20 years old, found the victim alone in Leicester Jubilee Square in September last year, before compelling him in Castle Gardens Park, an area withdrawn from the city.

Once he arrived there, he sexually assaulted and raped it on the young woman as he filmed the attack on his phone. Then he sent pictures of his crime to others.

The victim reported the police attack and detectives used CCTV images to follow his way, eventually following Gulati’s movements.

The case was investigated by the Leiceestershire Police signal, specialized in cases of rape and serious sexual violence.

When Constanta detective Matt Smith visited the accommodation in which you were going to perform additional investigations, the police say he immediately recognized him from the pictures and arrested him.

Gulati, who is originally from Leicester, has been accused of a number of rape, a number of penetration aggression, a sexual aggression number and a sharing number of an intimate film.

In the interview, Gulati tried to claim that he was sexually assaulted by the victim and that she was the one who raped him.

The rapist who filmed himself by attacking the woman in the park before sending clips to others is closed for six years

Gagandeep Gulati, 20 years old, found the victim alone in Leicester Jubilee Square last year before he raped

The victim reported the police attack and detectives used CCTV images to track his way, eventually following Gulati's movements and

The victim reported the police attack and detectives used CCTV images to track his way, eventually following Gulati’s movements and

The rapist lured his victim into a retired park and filmed the attack on the phone

The rapist lured his victim into a retired park and filmed the attack on the phone

He continued the lies in the witness stand, but was convicted of all the charges of Leicester Crown Court.

On Friday, Gulati was imprisoned for six years and placed on the register of life sex criminals.

DC Smith said: “Even during cross -examination, Gulati tried to claim that the victim had instigated sexual activity and tried to blame her for the crime.

“He did not show any remorse for his actions, who was to deliberately target a young woman while she was alone for her own sexual gratitude.

“The victim showed a huge courage by reliving her ordeal through the trial.”

Leiceestershire police said that anyone in the county who was a victim of sexual aggression can contact Juniper Lodge – a center for sending sexual aggression (pregnancy) – by phone 0116 273 3330.